1. Major MacBook Pro Update
- Biggest "selling point" of the new MBPs must be the Retina Display.
- All "flash" storage. So your new MacBook Pros can come with a Solid State Drive if you opt to. This means faster performance when doing stuff with your hard drive.
- Longer lasting batteries.
- 15" MBPs get quad core processors. 13" still with dual core processors.
- HD camera
- USB 3.0
2. Mountain Lion OS out on July
So if you want the OS X Mountain Lion, you will have to pay $19.99 for the update. Anyway if you're not familiar with the features of OS X Mountain Lion, then just think of your MacBook with iOS features like the notification center, reminders app, notes, Facebook integration(soon), Twitter integration, Game Center, Gatekeeper(secure way of downloading apps)
3. iOS 6 Preview!
- Siri improvements (I still think it's not that useful)
- Safari updates
- Guided Access. Limits the parts of the screen that you can actually use.
- Phone App improvements. How? If you don't want to answer an incoming call, you can send a message to the person calling by sliding up and to tell him/her that you can't take the call or make a reminder to call the person back. Also, you can set tell your phone not to make disturb you at certain times. Not sure how that'll work out but it's going to be useful when you want to "filter" calls that you want to answer.
- Facebook integration (similar to the Twitter integration on iOS 5)
- Sharing of Photo Streams. Easy sharing between friends.
- Facetime over cellular network. Okay, so jailbroken phone already have this feature. It's about time they allow Facetime over cellular data network instead of just Wi-Fi.
- New Passbook App. It's like getting all your passes like boarding passes, coupons, movie tickets in one app. Maybe useful for other countries but not yet here in the Philippines.
- New Maps App. There's a traffic view, a more truthful GPS mode(finally), and also 3D mode. Please be useful and available in the Philippines.
So I think that wraps up and covers everything worth noting in this year's Apple WWDC 2012.